The SOLID principles are well-established as the foundation of object-oriented systems. However, after more than 20 years it is time to see whether the principles still apply and whether other concepts might be a better alternative. Daniel Terhorst-North is well known for concepts like behavior-driven development or deliberate discovery. He came up with the CUPID principles. In this episode, we will discuss SOLID and CUPID - and why Daniel thinks CUPID makes more sense.
- Slides for Daniel’s presentation “Why Every Element of Solid is Wrong”
- Slides for Daniel’s presentation “CUPID for Joyful Coding”
- Daniel’s Homepage
- CUPID - the Back Story
- Advent of Code
- Kevlin Henney’s talk “SOLID Deconstruction”
- Daniel’s talk “Decisions, Decisions
- Daniel’s talk “Decisions, Decisions at InfoQ
- Book How Google Tests Software
PeerTube Video - no Big Tech!
Audio als Podcast
Infos und Feeds zum Audio als Podcast